Deadfellaz Infected, an annual celebration of the amazing artists that we cohabit the web3 space with is back again for its third and largest instalment.
This year we celebrated with an IRL gallery opening at Oshi Gallery, Melbourne Australia on the 28th Oct — open the entire Halloween week to the public, AND a DCL-based Metaverse celebration sponsored by MetaMask open 30th October- 6th November.
Decentraland Event Highlights:
NFT Gallery: Discover the breathtaking synergy of these 19 unique creations in a specially designed NFT gallery within Decentraland.
Candy Quest: As you explore the gallery, embark on a quest to collect candies that will bring you one step closer to uncovering hidden treasures.
Mint Special Rewards: Attendees can mint exclusive, one-of-a-kind rewards as a token of their participation in this artistic celebration. These rewards are a testament to the innovative spirit of web3 art and your presence at our metaverse event.
How Infected Season 3 Works
Every Halloween, Deadfellaz ‘infects’ the work of other artists, producing a unique body of collaborative work. Participating artists create a single piece in their own style, inspired by the Deadfellaz characters and surrounding themes such as death, anime, punk, horror and videogames. Previous years have seen brilliant works created by the likes of ThankyouX, Stephy Fung, Killer Acid, Claire Silver, Gxng Yxng and many more.
In turn, our co-founder and lead artist Psych, creates a collection of unique Deadfellaz each inspired by the participating artists. They are airdropped to random collectors of the Original Deadfellaz 10K NFTs based upon a snapshot taken on the 31st OCT. See Season 1 here, and Season 2 here.
Each of the 19 participating artists have 3 tokens within the Infected S3 collection. Those 3 tokens are each of the same Deadfella across 3 grades:
1 Fresh Grade , 1 Damaged Grade & 1 Rotten Grade
38 of these Infected S3 Deadfellaz (The Damaged & Rotten Grades) are randomly dropped to Deadfellaz 10K holders.
There is one unique Deadfella created by Psych of the Deadfellaz character ‘Spud’ included within the drop. This Deadfella also has 3 tokens across 3 grades.
3 of these Spud Deadfellaz are randomly dropped to collectors of S1 & S2.
This year’s lineup has 19 artists, resulting in 19 unique artworks that will be sold via Foundation’s ‘Worlds’ function here: https://foundation.app/world/deadfellaz-infected-s3/moment/152
All works go LIVE at 6.30pm EST.
Starting on the 31st OCT. Infected is, as always, about amplifying and uplifting artists, so 100% of art sales go to the artists.
Unique features of this years artists sales:
- 3 of the 19 artists have chosen to sell editions of 100
- 16 of the 19 artists have chosen to sell 1/1s via auction
- Purchasing a 1/1 from the S3 artist drops will guarantee you receive the matching fresh grade S3 Deadfella token of the artwork you bought.
- Purchasing an edition from the S3 artist drops will give you a chance to receive the matching fresh grade S3 Deadfella of the artwork you bought.
Qualifying for any S3 drop
To qualify for any S3 drop this year your wallet address must have activity within the last 90 days.
Introducing This Year’s Incredible Artists!
- 19 artworks created by guest artists available 31st oct 6.30pm EST via Foundation. All proceeds direct to artists. https://foundation.app/world/deadfellaz-infected-s3/moment/152
- 20 unique versions of Deadfellaz inspired by the guest artists (plus spud) and created by Psych, airdropped at random.
- Snapshot taken 31st Oct.
- Metaverse event with MetaMask, with games experiences and gallery, open Oct 30-Nov 6.
- IRL gallery at Oshi, Melbourne open all week to the public.